Head of Engineering
Enartia is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, highly productive Head of Software Engineering, in-house or remotely. They will be responsible for directing and managing the activities of a team of developers involved in the design, development, deployment, and support of Web and Mobile Applications.
Enartia is a leading company in technology and offers a great workplace and benefits for the team. Basically, it offers freedom of being oneself and creating within a frame of self-development and learning.
The ideal candidate is a senior level software engineer, has a passion for technology and is familiar with a management role. He should be interested in providing strategic direction and leadership to a team of developers. They shall be required to provide strong leadership, raise the technical level, and maintain a data and results driven culture, as well as set and maintain a team culture of high collaboration and trust.
- Participate in architectural discussions, facilitate healthy debate, and recommend technical solutions when necessary.
- Identify areas of risk in project deliverables and platform architecture, and develop plans to mitigate any related risks.
- Measure, report and enforce all deployment processes.
- Μanage company staff and outsourced vendors who will implement the company solutions, as well as recruiting & interviewing candidates, and cultivating world-class engineers.
- Define, measure, and enforce the company’s software development methodology.
- Monitor platform and solution performance, ensure a common understanding of current performance and scalability.
- Assist in the development of a high-performance organization, including organizational planning.
- Develop and manage budgets to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field and at least 2 years experience in a managerial role.
- Experience in large scale / complex applications (distributed systems, asynchronous communications, multiple external systems and dependencies).
- Constant learner of state-of-the-art technologies & architecture design patterns.
- Excellent analytical ability (conceptualize or solve problems by making decisions that are sensible).
- Leadership ability, demonstrated through previous experience.
- Excellent time handling ability and within demanding deadlines.
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team.
- Experience with cloud native applications / horizontally scalable microservices will be considered as a plus
- Knowledge of at least two of Java (Java 8+), Go, C#, JS
- Experience in asynchronous communication, integration patterns, and Publish / Subscribe architectures
- Experience in the industry (domains, hosting) will be considered as a big plus
- Experience in software testing and CI/CD best practices will be considered as a plus
- Experience in reactive programming and Event Sourcing / CQRS will be considered as a plus
- Remote Working
- Laptop and equipment of employee’s choice
- Kindle & access to books and resources for professional and personal development
- Sponsored trainings, courses and certifications
- Ping pong to have a playful break - Fresh fruits every day
- Sponsored conference and seminar attendance
- Private health insurance
- Work-life balance environment and flexible hours
- Performance-oriented awards as per quarterly set goals